Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Newbie

Welcome to my first official blog post! I'm very excited to get started (although I'm not sure why I decided to start right when we're finally having some nice summer weather in Holland).

Here you can find updates about my handmade sewn stuff at Frank & Gertrude (www.frankandgertrude.com). Such as... I've just started making wallets and bags from vintage children's books! I bought a bunch of linen children's books from the 1920's and '30's and made them into great new accessories. Yeah, I feel a little bad about cutting up "collector's items," but I like the idea of giving these pages a whole new life of adventure. If I had a choice between sitting on some dusty collector's shelf or traveling around the world in someone's back pocket, I think I'd choose the latter, wouldn't you?

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope to update weekly, so check back often ;)

1 comment:

claire said...

nice blog! what a cool idea with regard to the children's books. sounds like a *great* gift idea - especially for my colleagues working at the child psychology dept! luv, claire